Our nucs are 5 deep frames. There will be an average of 4 frames of brood and 1 frame of honey. And one 2023 queen. These are preorders and pickup time will vary depending on the weather and we will contact you a week or 2 weeks before pickup. Be sure to leave us the best way to contact you (email or phone number) when they are ready to schedule a pickup date/time. We do early weekday morning pickups (usually between 7 & 8) as this is when all the bees will be in the box! We do a couple Saturday pickups as well but not every week. We mainly use a mix of Italian or Carniolan queens in the nucs. The queens will be free roaming in their nuc, they are NOT in cages. We check to make sure each nuc has a queen before we OK it to be picked up.
For Discounts on Larger Orders (11 or more) /Payment by Check please email us! HackenbergHoney@gmail.com
We DO NOT ship! Pick up will be at our Lewisburg location:
1466 Crossroads Drive
Lewisburg, PA 17837
There are NO Refunds!
We also now have our Beginner Beekeeping Class! If you would like to sign up please click here!
If you plan to transport the nucs in an enclosed vehicle, we recommend you to bring along or either a fine mesh laundry bag that will act as a temporary net to keep any bees from escaping or bringing a bee suit/veil just as a precaution in case any of the bees escape the box in transport. You can also preorder one with our nuc options.
The fondant is HiveAlive and has the following benefits
- Correct dose of HiveAlive liquid incorporated.
- Additional vitamins & amino acids added optimised for bee health.
- HiveAlive added makes the fondant more attractive to the bees, which means faster consumption than most fondant patties.
- Safe, produced using enzymatic hydrolysis without the use of acids or heat processing giving no harmful HMF.
- Very fine particle size sugar for enhanced digestion
- Only European, non-GMO ingredients.
- Very thin and flat packaging to allow ease of placement directly on top of colonies.
- Unique packaging design prevents fondant from drying out.
We do have a limited amount of equipment for sale including, bottom boards with entrance reducers, deep 10-frame brood/super shells, illinois super shells, frames, inner covers, lids, feeders, and hive tools. You will want to have equipment ready for the nucs on the day of pickup as they will be ready to be transferred out of the nuc box to their permanent home. You will also want a bee suit and gloves for yourself.